Course Entry Requirements
- Under the latest STCW Convention and Code, updated proficiency training will be required every 5 years.
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting from any STCW country
- UK-issued Watch Rating Certificate (STCW II/4 or STCW III/4. This includes yacht Ratings
- UK AB, Able Seafarer Deck (STCW II/5) or Able Seafarer Engine (STCW III/5) Certificate
- UK CEC
- UK CoC
- UK Ships Certificate of Competency
This is a practical course using our purpose built facility. Students will refresh and update their knowledge of the correct use of breathing apparatus for search & rescue operations, utilising hoses, nozzles and extinguishers. The course will finish with a live fire exercise.
Completion of this course enables students to maintain the required standard of competence in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting.
This course is suitable for anyone looking to refresh their Basic Safety Training week, Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting, or Update Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting certificate and is one half of the basic refresher requirements. The other course that requires refreshing is the Personal Survival Techniques course.
Further information regarding update training can be found on the following MCA M Notices: MSN 1865 (Amendment 1), and MIN 535 (Amendment 1).