- Minimum age 16 (Age 12-16 if accompanied by Parent/Guardian on a private course)
- Experience – None. May be preceded by Level 1 Start Powerboating
This two-day Powerboat Level 2 course is for individuals who want to operate powerboats for recreational or professional purposes. It covers the basic skills and knowledge necessary for safe powerboat handling. This includes man overboard recovery, as well as low speed close quarters handling, driving at planing speed, and collision regulations.
This course will also provide the student with the knowledge and skills of the following elements:
- Launch and recovery
- Boat handling
- Securing to a buoy
- Leaving and coming alongside
- Man overboard
What is included within the course fee
- Instructor (1:3 – 1 instructor to 3 students)
- Use of equipment including RIB, fenders, lines, navigational equipment, lifejacket etc.
- RYA Start Powerboating Handbook
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 certificate
- Free on site parking
- Free drinks refreshments (on site)
Validity of Certification
Whilst the RYA Powerboat Level 2 certificate does not have an official expiry date, it is essential to keep in mind that boating regulations and best practices can evolve over time. New safety guidelines, navigation rules and equipment standards may be introduced, therefore, it is crucial for boaters to stay updated on these changes to ensure safe boat practices. Regular training is advised especially if it has been some time since being on a boat / completed the training. Please note that there is a 5-year expiry if you have chosen to Commercially Endorse this qualification.
We offer a package rate of £999 for the 5 day Basic Safety Training course and Powerboat Level 2 course if booked for the same week to run consecutively over 7 days.
Get in contact with us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org