Course Entry Requirements
- Under the new STCW Convention and Code, updated proficiency training will be required every 5 years.
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting from any STCW country
- UK-issued Watch Rating Certificate (STCW II/4 or STCW III/4. This includes yacht Ratings
- UK AB, Able Seafarer Deck (STCW II/5) or Able Seafarer Engine (STCW III/5) Certificate
- UK CEC
- UK CoC
- UK Ships Certificate of Competency
This is a practical course using our purpose built facility. Students will refresh and update their knowledge of the correct use of breathing apparatus for search & rescue operations, utilising hoses, nozzles and extinguishers.
Completion of this course enables students to maintain the required standard of competence in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting.