In accordance with the revised STCW 2010 code, all Seafarers and Security Personnel who have designated duties under the Ships Security Plan will be required to undertake this approved security training to meet the requirements for the STCW Code A-VI/6-2.
- There is no intake restriction, although some sea going experience would be an advantage before undertaking a designated security duties course
Students are encouraged to put into practice the techniques and procedures for maintaining the security of the vessel through role-play, simulation and scenario based exercises combined with lectures and group discussion.
This course will equip each student with a clear understanding of;
- Why ship security is important, and the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved.
- What constitutes security risk, threat and vulnerabilities to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations.
- The capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems.
- How to maintain the measures in a ship security plan and related requirements.
- The effectiveness of security arrangements, procedures and equipment at the three Marsec security levels, whilst taking into account their limitations