- Approved seagoing service of not less than 12 months,
- At the discretion of the MCA – Appropriate sea service (minimum 3 months) and knowledge of ships operations to be able to achieve the objectives of the training.
Through a combination of lectures, videos, group discussion and scenario based exercises, this course delivers an interactive learning experience where students can put into practice techniques and procedures for maintaining the security of their vessel.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to;
- Undertake the duties and responsibilities of a Ship Security Officer.
- Assess security risk, threat and vulnerabilities to the ship, its personnel, cargo and passengers.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems.
- Implement a ship security plan and related regulatory requirements.
- Determine the effectiveness of current security arrangements, procedures and equipment
- Promote security awareness and vigilance on board ship.